Is this course right for me?
Are you currently working in beauty therapy? Are you looking to develop your career and your technical skills? This apprenticeship course helps you to progress into top beauty jobs, including managerial roles, work as a demonstrator, positions in leading spas and jobs on cruise liners. It is also one of the only acceptable qualifications for work abroad, giving you even more options for success.
The course is suitable for students progressing from a relevant Level 2 qualification, or from existing professional knowledge. You must be currently employed in the industry and looking to study on a day-release basis.
- You must be currently employed in a beauty therapy job
- You must have a Level 2 beauty therapy qualification
- You must be enthusiastic, committed and willing to learn
- You must have a calm, caring personality and well-groomed appearance
- You will be required to attend an interview and provide a reference
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £270 (subject to change)
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real salon environments at the college
- Commercial sessions
- Role play exercises
- Group work
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio of practical assessments for each unit
- Assignments and tasks
- Multiple-choice tests covering the underpinning knowledge
- Your behaviour will also count towards your assessment, in terms of maturity, development, interaction and communication
The Level 3 qualification will help you progress in the right direction towards a challenging career. You will be able to seek additional responsibilities in your workplace, and may be able to work in a supervisory or managerial role. You will have a range of options for working as a beauty therapist, in workplaces across the UK and in other countries.
If you want to advance further in education, you may have the option of proceeding into Higher Education on either a full-time or part-time basis.
You could undertake a City and Guilds Higher Professional qualification at a number of institutions, which would enhance your skills and employability even further and give you a qualification at Level 4 or above. You could also apply for a range of related part-time study options such as Indian Head Massage, Body Massage and Reflexology.
Additional campus/course information:
The course consists of the following units:
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide Indian head massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Plan and provide airbrush make-up
- Provide single eyelash extension treatments
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide UV tanning services
- Provide self tanning services
- Provide female intimate waxing services
- Provide male intimate waxing services