Is this course right for me?
The course is suitable for students who wish to improve their knowledge of Mathematics, or improve their GCSE grade in order to do a HE/Degree course, especially in Teaching.
At some campuses, this course is only available as a resit, for those who wish to improve their grade.
As part of this course there will be an opportunity to study and improve in subjects that you may have had difficulties with previously, such as algebra and statistics.
- a Grade D in GCSE Maths is required
- Mature students: no formal qualifications are required. Basic number skills and interest and commitment to the course are needed
If you didn't achieve a Grade D in your GCSE and are studying a 2-year course at college, you will have the opportunity to follow a course to improve your skills in your first year. You may then be able to resit your GCSE in your second year.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is delivered by a variety of teaching methods and self study.
Exams are taken in November and June. There is no course work.
Once you've completed the course, you could apply for a range of courses including:
- AS and A Levels
- Access to Higher Education
- Vocational qualifications, including Level 3 vocational qualifications
- University level courses, depending on your other qualifications.