Is this course right for me?
Would you like to progress into Higher Education? Do you want to prepare for studying a degree in art and design or a related subject? This course gives you the knowledge, skills and confidence to progress onto a related higher education course.
The aim of the All Wales Access to HE Diplomas is to give you the skills necessary to progress to and successfully participate in a programme of higher education. They are targeted at learners who have substantial life experience gained since completing compulsory schooling.
You will study subject areas such as: Textiles, Graphics, 3D Design, Fine Art, Ceramics and Photography.
- GCSE grade C including Mathematics or English/Welsh or Science, as required by the route of progression to University.
- Attendance at an interview.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- There will be at least one time-constrained unseen exercise for every academic subject module.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, available at Parc Menai, Bangor
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Art and Design, available at Parc Menai (Bangor)
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Photography available at Rhos-on-Sea.
You could also progress onto an Art-related Higher Education course at another institute or gain employment in the creative sector, such as a Graphic Designer or Illustrator.