Is this course right for me?
The Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting is suited to those who want to work as an independent bookkeeper or in a firm’s finance department.
It is also suitable if you already work in an accounts environment and you are responsible for the administration of a manual or partly computerised accounting system and want to obtain formal recognition of your computerised accounting skills.
- AAT Access Level 1 or AAT Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
- Relevant experience and knowledge of basic bookkeeping terms, computer awareness and keyboarding skills are advantageous
- All students are required to register independently with the professional body for accounting technicians
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview
You will be taught through structured lectures, using a simple step-by-step workbook over a period of 13 weekly 2½ hr sessions.
This course is an excellent pre-cursor to further study and preparation for employment in a bookkeeping/accounts role. It will enable you to use a computerised accounting system to enter accounting transactions, perform reconciliations, correct errors and generate a range of reports. You will also be able to maintain the security of accounting information using passwords and backup routines.
You will learn to:
- Enter accounting data at the beginning of an accounting period
- Record customer transactions
- Record supplier transactions
- Record and reconcile bank and cash transactions
- Use journals to enter accounting transactions
- Produce reports
- Maintain the safety and security of data held in the computerised accounting system.
From September 2018 this module will be delivered using Sage Cloud Accounting software.
- computer-based assessments
After successfully completing Intermediate Computerised Accounting, you could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- AAT level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- Agored Level 2 Certificate in Payroll