Is this course right for me?
If you’re looking to become a qualified accountant or to gain professional status, then this course will develop your practical accounting workplace skills and prepare you for higher level accounting qualifications.
The main topics are:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Work Effectively in Finance
*Plus end of year Synoptic Assessment
Please see the relevant part-time prospectus for details of costs, including exam fees.
- AAT Access Level 1 or alternatively GCSE Maths and English grade C
- Ideally, you should be working in an Accounting role
- All students are required to register with the professional body for accounting technicians
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview
- formal lectures
- will involve a commitment to reading and practising your skills outside lectures
- computer-based assessments spread throughout the course
Completion of the programme can lead to a range of options in employment and education, including:
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.