Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is for students who wish to progress to study at Level 3 and aspire to higher education.
You will be studying a range of areas associated with the skills needed to successfully follow a Level 3 programme. Maths GCSE is included in the programme.
The course is studied part-time until Christmas (Term 1) and if you continue becomes full-time (Term 2 and 3)
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, and 1 GCSE at grade E, including English or Welsh 1st Language and Maths, or Entry 3 / Level 1 ESQ in Numeracy and Communication
- A relevant Level 1 qualification at Pass
- You should have at least three years of relevant life skills gained after compulsory education.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- Virtual learning area (MOODLE)
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Upon completion, you could progress onto a number of courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- AS/S Level Qualifications
- Level 3 vocational qualifications