Is this course right for me?
This programme provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a variety of Electrical or Electronic Engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is practical and work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- practical workshop sessions
- classroom sessions
- student centred work
- work experience
- virtual learning environment (MOODLE).
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- time constrained assignment
- ongoing observation
- assessment of your practical work, - multiple-choice tests
- written controlled assessments
The programme is widely accepted by Universities. You could progress onto a number of programmes at Grwp Llandrillo Menai including:
- HNC in General Engineering
- HNC / HND Electrical and Electronic Technology
University degrees might include: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Power Engineering.
Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships are also an attractive option if you are looking for employment in the local area or with larger national companies.