Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
This programme provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a variety of Electrical or Electronic Engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is practical and work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
- Five GCSEs at Grade ‘C' or above including Maths, English or Welsh, and Science, and at least a grade B in Mathematics (Higher Tier), OR
- Relevant Level 2 qualification
- Equivalent experience will be considered on an individual case basis
Places on the programme are subject to interview.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- practical workshop sessions
- classroom sessions
- student centred work
- work experience
- virtual learning environment (MOODLE).
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- time constrained assignment
- ongoing observation
- assessment of your practical work, - multiple-choice tests
- written controlled assessments
The programme is widely accepted by Universities. You could progress onto a number of programmes at Grwp Llandrillo Menai including:
- HNC in General Engineering
- HNC / HND Electrical and Electronic Technology
University degrees might include: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Power Engineering.
Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships are also an attractive option if you are looking for employment in the local area or with larger national companies.