Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
This programme provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a variety of Electrical or Electronic Engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is practical and work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
- Five GCSEs at Grade ‘C' or above including Maths, English or Welsh, and Science, and at least a grade B in Mathematics (Higher Tier), OR
- Relevant Level 2 qualification
- Equivalent experience will be considered on an individual case basis
Places on the programme are subject to interview.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- practical workshop sessions
- classroom sessions
- student centred work
- work experience
- virtual learning environment (MOODLE).
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- time constrained assignment
- ongoing observation
- assessment of your practical work, - multiple-choice tests
- written controlled assessments
The programme is widely accepted by Universities. You could progress onto a number of programmes at Grwp Llandrillo Menai including:
- HNC in General Engineering
- HNC / HND Electrical and Electronic Technology
University degrees might include: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Power Engineering.
Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships are also an attractive option if you are looking for employment in the local area or with larger national companies.