Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in pursuing an exciting career in Mechanical Engineering? This course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a variety of engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
This programme provides you with a number of ways to progress.
You may choose to begin your career by taking up an apprenticeship in an engineering firm. Or you could proceed onto a Higher Education course with Grŵp Llandrillo Menai:
- HNC in General Engineering