Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in pursuing an exciting career in Mechanical Engineering? This course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a variety of engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-C including Mathematics, Science, and English or Welsh (1st Language), with at least a grade B in Mathematics (Higher Tier)
- Level 2 in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Key Skills Application of Number and Communications at Level 2
Places on the programme are subject to interview.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
This programme provides you with a number of ways to progress.
You may choose to begin your career by taking up an apprenticeship in an engineering firm, or you could proceed onto a Higher Education course with Grŵp Llandrillo Menai:
- HNC in General Engineering