Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in pursuing an exciting career in Mechanical Engineering? This course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a variety of engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-C including Mathematics, Science, and English or Welsh (1st Language), with at least a grade B in Mathematics (Higher Tier)
- Level 2 in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Key Skills Application of Number and Communications at Level 2
Places on the programme are subject to interview.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
This programme provides you with a number of ways to progress.
You may choose to begin your career by taking up an apprenticeship in an engineering firm, or you could proceed onto a Higher Education course with Grŵp Llandrillo Menai:
- HNC in General Engineering