Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in sport, public services or outdoor Education? Would you like to pursue a career in these areas?
This programme allows you to study a combination of these subjects, gaining a valuable insight into the sectors.
It is suitable for students looking to progress onto further study, as well as those who like practical sporting activities.
You will also be able to gain Essential Skills units and other additional awards, which will be integrated within the modules.
- A real interest and commitment to the subject and attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical modules
- Classroom discussion
- Formal lectures
- Guest speakers
- Outside visits
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- A wide variety of assignments, including written coursework, practical assessments and presentations
- The assessment methods reflect the demands of the sports and public services industry
- Assignments will assess your knowledge, but also equip you with career skills for sport, active leisure or public services
- The programme is graded at Pass, Merit and Distinction levels
Completion of this course will develop the required knowledge and confidence to progress onto a Level 2 qualification.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Public Services Level 2, available at:
Sport (Industry) Level 2, available at:
Sport (Outdoor Education) Level 2, available at:
Sport (Performance and Excellence) Level 2, available at:
Sport and Leisure Level 2, available at:
Alternatively, you could use the qualification to gain entry level employment within the uniformed public services or the leisure, health and fitness industries.
Additional campus/course information:
Our excellent facilities at the Rhos-on-Sea Campus include a full size, floodlit, 3G artificial football pitch suitable for staging top level football matches plus a fenced, drained, floodlit grassed area.