Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
Would you like to learn about the sport and leisure industries, whilst developing your fitness and sporting skills?
This course gives you an insight into the industry, as well as introducing sports science subjects, fitness training and exercise programming. It also involves plenty of practical and coaching activities.
You will study topics such as: Fitness Testing and Training, First Aid, Nutrition and Anatomy and Physiology.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above, including English or Welsh 1st Language and Maths, or Entry 3 / Level 1 ESQ in Numeracy and Communication
- A relevant Level 1 qualification at Pass
- Relevant industry experience
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical and written assessments/ assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will provide you with various options in employment and education.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Public Services Level 3
- Sport (Outdoor Education) Level 3
- Sport (Performance and Excellence) Level 3
- Sport (Sport and Exercise Science) Level 3
- Sport (Sports Coaching, Development and Fitness) Level 3
If you wish to move directly into employment, you will have a number of options in the public and private sectors. You could enter the leisure industry, the health and fitness industry, the armed forces or the emergency services. You could also try to pursue a career as a professional or semi-professional athlete.