Is this course right for me?
Would you like to learn about the sport and leisure industries, whilst developing your fitness and sporting skills?
This course gives you an insight into the industry, as well as introducing sports science subjects, fitness training and exercise programming. It also involves plenty of practical and coaching activities.
You will study topics such as: Fitness Testing and Training, First Aid, Nutrition and Anatomy and Physiology.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical and written assessments/ assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will provide you with various options in employment and education.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Public Services Level 3
- Sport (Outdoor Education) Level 3
- Sport (Performance and Excellence) Level 3
- Sport (Sport and Exercise Science) Level 3
- Sport (Sports Coaching, Development and Fitness) Level 3
If you wish to move directly into employment, you will have a number of options in the public and private sectors. You could enter the leisure industry, the health and fitness industry, the armed forces or the emergency services. You could also try to pursue a career as a professional or semi-professional athlete.