Is this course right for me?
Are you looking to gain practical experience of welding and fabrication work?
This course introduces you to the fundamental techniques of welding and fabrication.
The course is aimed at learners who are interested in following a career as a welder or welder/fabricator. The course is also useful as a foundation qualification for those wanting to join the armed forces.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
Completion of this course will give you the fundamental skills and knowledge to complete fabrication/welding work.
You could apply your learning to a range of industries including motor vehicle, sculpting, general maintenance.
The course will also prepare you for studying at a more advanced level.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Automotive Engineering Level 3
You could also proceed into higher education.