Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in hospitality and catering? Could you benefit from a hands-on Level 2 course?
This course allows you to develop essential catering and food safety skills, as well as the skills and knowledge you need for employment.
You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £280 (subject to change). Help towards this cost may be available through grants.
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Theory sessions
- Virtual learning environment
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- A series of practical tasks
- Practical checklists to explain your work
- Knowledge and research tasks
Completion of this course will help to prepare you for employment and further education. If you choose to progress directly into employment, you will have a basic understanding of catering, hospitality and food safety, which will be valuable in a range of working environments.
Many students will choose to progress further in education, gaining a more specialised expertise and greater career options.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Hospitality and Catering Level 3