Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in land-based engineering? Could you benefit from a practical and vocational Level 2 course?
This course is designed for students who have limited knowledge of engineering, and want to learn more. It prepares you to start your career, giving you a valuable understanding of engineering, with a specialist focus on land-based contexts. It also allows you to progress onto vocational qualifications at an advanced level.
The course is suitable for students progressing from Land-based Engineering Level 1, from GCSEs, or from prior experience. It is focused on practical work, with classroom sessions to help build the underpinning knowledge. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the expertise of our staff.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical work, with classroom work to develop understanding
- The Glynllifon site is 750 acres of farm and woodlands, with facilities for agricultural engineering, electrical engineering and welding, allowing your studies to be carried out in a realistic setting.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessment for most units
- Written assignments to show your understanding
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Land-based Engineering Level 3
- Other Engineering programmes at other campuses
You could also proceed into an Apprenticeship or into employment.