Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in land-based engineering? Could you benefit from a practical and vocational Level 2 course?
This course is designed for students who have limited knowledge of engineering, and want to learn more. It prepares you to start your career, giving you a valuable understanding of engineering, with a specialist focus on land-based contexts. It also allows you to progress onto vocational qualifications at an advanced level.
The course is suitable for students progressing from Land-based Engineering Level 1, from GCSEs, or from prior experience. It is focused on practical work, with classroom sessions to help build the underpinning knowledge. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the expertise of our staff.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, and 1 GCSE at grade E, including English or Welsh 1st Language and Maths, or Entry 3 / Level 1 ESQ in Numeracy and Communication
- A relevant Level 1 qualification at Pass
- Relevant industry experience
You will also require an attendance level of 86% in your previous year of study.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical work, with classroom work to develop understanding
- The Glynllifon site is 750 acres of farm and woodlands, with facilities for agricultural engineering, electrical engineering and welding, allowing your studies to be carried out in a realistic setting.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessment for most units
- Written assignments to show your understanding
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Land-based Engineering Level 3
- Other Engineering programmes at other campuses
You could also proceed into an Apprenticeship or into employment.