Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in the uniformed public services?
The course is designed to prepare you for employment in the Armed Forces, Police, Ambulance, Fire Service, Prison Service and other Community and Emergency Service-related organisations.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C or D
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical modules
- Classroom discussion
- Formal lectures
- Guest talks
- Individual research
- Group work
Assessment is through a variety of methods, including written assignments, presentations, personal projects and demonstrations of practical skills. There may also be external tests.
You will also be expected to demonstrate personal discipline, attendance and good time keeping.
- Assignments will assess your knowledge, but also to equip you with career skills
- The qualification is graded at Pass, Merit and Distinction levels
- The Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate will be an integral part of the course over the two years and is externally assessed.
Completion of this course gives you a range of options in education and employment. The programme is equivalent to 3 A Levels if studied over 2 years, helping you to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions, such as Criminology, Law and Policing Studies.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Policing
You will also have gained a valuable insight into the uniformed public services, along with the advanced training and qualification to help you succeed. You could progress into the public service of your choice, or you could go into other professions such as local authority employment or security work.