Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in the land-based industries? Could you benefit from a practical introduction?
This programme is designed for students who have limited knowledge of the industry and want to learn more about animal care topics. It prepares you to start your career, covering general and specialised aspects of this exciting area.
The course is focused on practical work, and gives you hands-on experience in a range of areas. You will also have classroom sessions to help build your knowledge. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the knowledge of our staff.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- You will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to study by achieving your GCSE target grades and completing year 11 with good attendance.
- Successful completion of a Traineeship, Pre-Vocational, Pathways or School Link Programme
- Relevant industry experience
Applicants already studying at the college will need an attendance of 86% on their current course.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical work, with some classroom work to develop understanding
- The Glynllifon site is 750 acres of farm and woodland, with its own indoor riding centre and animal centre, allowing your studies to be carried out in a realistic setting.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessment for most units
- Portfolio assignments to show your understanding
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including: