Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in the outdoor education industry or the public services, military or civilian?
Are you looking for a practical route into Higher Education?
This course gives you the equivalent of up to three A Levels. You will also complete work experience, and have the opportunity to achieve a variety of personal qualifications and national governing body awards.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C or D
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Outdoor activities
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will provide you with various options in employment and education.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Sport Science (Sports Coaching)
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Sports Science (Outdoor Recreation)
Alternatively, you may apply to other institutions for Degrees, Foundation Degrees and HNDs in Outdoor subjects, Sports Science, Sports Development, Geography, Nursing, Teacher Training, Business and Computing, to name just a few.
You could also move into employment, either directly or after further study. Previous students have secured roles at sport, leisure or outdoors facilities as instructors, supervisors and managers. Others have been accepted into the Police, the Army and the Royal Marines.
Additional campus/course information:
Our excellent facilities at the Rhos-on-Sea Campus include a full-size, floodlit, 3G artificial football pitch suitable for staging top level football matches plus a fenced, drained, floodlit grassed area.