Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in agriculture? Would you like to develop your skills at an advanced level?
This course builds on your existing knowledge of agriculture, preparing you to operate at a management level whilst also understanding the practical aspects. It also provides a vocational route into Higher Education.
The course is suitable for students progressing from Agriculture Level 2, or a Level 2 Work-based course. It is also ideal if you are proceeding from GCSE achievements, or from relevant experience. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, combining studies of livestock, crops and machinery with practical training sessions. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the expertise of our staff.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English or Welsh 1st Language and Maths
- A relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit
- Relevant industry experience
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- The course includes a mixture of practical based sessions as well as lectures and lessons to develop and expand on your understanding.
- Bilingual delivery, with learning materials available in Welsh and English.
The Glynllifon site is 750 acres of farm and woodlands, including dairy, sheep, beef and pigs. You will be working with the farm animals, equipment and specialist agricultural resources to gain skills and knowledge in a realistic setting.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio assignments to demonstrate your understanding of some units
- A practical and written synoptic assessment covering a number of units
- External formal examination of core units
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options. The qualification is equivalent to 3 A Levels, and many students have progressed into Higher Education to study HNDs, Foundation degrees or Honours degrees.
You could also proceed into employment, and will have the skills to work at an advanced level. You would also have the option of studying a Higher Education course whilst you work.