Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in agriculture? Could you benefit from a practical and vocational Level 2 course?
This course is designed for students who have limited knowledge of the land-based industries, and want to learn more about agriculture. It prepares you to start your career, or to progress onto vocational qualifications at an advanced level.
The course is suitable for students progressing from Land-based Studies (Agriculture and Horticulture) Level 1, or from a Level 1 Work-based course. It is also ideal if you are proceeding from GCSEs, or if you are an adult wishing to gain agricultural skills. It is focused on practical work and hands-on experience, with classroom sessions to help build the underpinning knowledge. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the expertise of our staff.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practically based, with some classroom work to develop understanding
- Bilingual delivery, with learning materials available in Welsh and English
- The Glynllifon site has 750 acres of farm and woodlands
- You will be working with the farm animals, equipment and specialist agricultural resources to gain skills and knowledge in a realistic setting.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessment for most units
- Written assignments to show your understanding
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options. You could proceed onto a number of Level 3 programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
You will also have enhanced your employment options.