Is this course right for me?
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to meet the specialist administrative and secretarial needs of a range of health care occupations as found in hospitals, community health, general and private practice, research, the pharmaceutical industry and complementary medicine.
The qualifications have been designed to enable candidates to progress directly into employment.
This course prepares you for reception and admin work in any section of the health care service. This includes general medical practices, dental practices, hospital wards, medical records offices, opticians and health authorities.
The course is suitable for those with no previous experience, and will allow you to obtain the fundamental knowledge to enter this type of employment. It is available on a part-time or full-time basis, so can suit a range of circumstances.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Taught sessions in classroom and IT suite settings, using discussion, exercises, activities, worksheets, assignments, direct instructions, lecture sessions, videos and other learning methods
- You will also benefit from a number of outside visits, and from guest lecturers/speakers
- Homework will form an integral part of the course
- Work experience is a compulsory part of the course, and the college will assist in making the necessary arrangements.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Nationally set assessments
- External tests
- Portfolio of evidence for the work experience
- E-Quals assignments for the IT component
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Medical Administration Level 3
- Business Administration Level 3
- Business Studies Level 3