Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in Creative Media and Games Development?
This programme can be your stepping stone to join the exciting world of media production. You will put the theory into practice by creating film clips, designing web pages, creating adverts and exhibiting your photographic work.
You will also learn how to communicate your ideas, targeting specific audiences, researching the media sector and the job roles within the industry.
Lectures take place in a modern, purpose-designed building which contains specially equipped workshops and learning facilities in Multimedia and Media Studies.
As well as fascinating insights into the world of the visual, aural and electronic, you will gain essential training in key practical applications. You will also gain vital knowledge of the media business and its impact in today's world.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portffolios of work
- Performance and observation
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- 3D Animation and Games Development Level 3
- Creative Media Production Level 3
- Media Production Level 3 (TV and Film)
Additional campus/course information:
Excellent facilities with the latest technology, including a media suite with industry-recognised software and a multi-camera and audio room, mean your skills will be up to date and highly prized.