Is this course right for me?
Are you passionate about art, design and media? Would you like to work and study in this field?
This programme provides you with the necessary expertise and skills to enter Higher Education. It also allows you to develop your own creativity, as well as preparing for a career in the creative industries. The programme is suitable if you are progressing from a relevant Level 2 course, or from suitable GCSEs.
Throughout the programme you will explore the techniques and materials of areas that you may not have studied before. Each student's creativity is nurtured and encouraged in a supportive environment, and you will be tutored by practising artists and designers. As you develop your portfolio of work, you will also will benefit from specialist facilities, in purpose built studios and workshops.
You will be invited for interview, where you will show your portfolio of work and discuss your interests and career aspirations
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C or D
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
- Applicants that have not achieved a grade C in GCSE Welsh, English and/or Maths required to enrol on the course have the opportunity to resit as part of the programme of learning. Please contact the college for further information.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Google Classroom
The programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will give you the knowledge, skills and qualification to progress into Higher Education or an Art Foundation course
Should you wish to progress on to Higher Education courses locally, Grŵp Llandrillo Menai offers the following degree courses:
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Art and Design
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Photography (and BA (Hons) Photography (Top-up))
Other options for Higher Education include specialist art and design degree courses, in areas such as fashion, textiles, fine art, graphic design, photography, multimedia, 3D design, design crafts and architecture, to name a few of the areas available. Specialist careers advice is available from our staff, as well as on visits to colleges and universities.
.Also in the HE bulleted list section include: Foundation Degree (FdA) Photography (with top up to BA (Hons) Photography