Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in an ICT course which allows you to focus on a particular route?
This course allows you to choose which ICT pathway to specialise in, whether it be enhancing your general computing skills (non-specialist) or learning those of a programmer/developer (specialist).
Both routes are underpinned by core ICT skills which are essential to prepare you for a Level 3 qualification, higher education and employment.
- Creating Websites
- Games Creation
- Mobile Applications
- Programming Solutions
Your learning will include practical work-based activities, theory and portfolio assessments. Throughout the course, you will benefit from the college’s excellent computing facilities in specialist IT rooms and an IT workshop for private study.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
This course is assessed through a blend of the following, including:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- IT Practitioners Level 3
- Software Development Level 3
- 3D Animation and Games Development Level 3
- Creative Media Production Level 3