Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in an ICT course which allows you to focus on a particular route?
- Do you have an interest in the latest ICT creative technologies?
- Do you use a smartphone or a tablet?
- Do you want to create technology products and systems, rather than just be a consumer of them?
- Would you like to create a phone app?
This course allows you to choose which ICT pathway to specialise in, whether it be enhancing your general computing skills (non-specialist) or learning those of a programmer/developer (specialist).
Both routes are underpinned by core ICT skills which are essential to prepare you for a Level 3 qualification, higher education and employment.
- Creating Websites
- Games Creation
- Mobile Applications
- Programming Solutions
Your learning will include practical work-based activities, theory and portfolio assessments. Throughout the course, you will benefit from the college’s excellent computing facilities in specialist IT rooms and an IT workshop for private study.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, and 1 GCSE at grade E, including English or Welsh 1st Language and Maths, or Entry 3 / Level 1 ESQ in Numeracy and Communication
- A relevant Level 1 qualification at Pass
- Relevant industry experience
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
This course is assessed through a blend of the following, including:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- IT Practitioners Level 3
- Software Development Level 3
- 3D Animation and Games Development Level 3
- Creative Media Production Level 3