Is this course right for me?
Do you have an active interest in performing? Would you like to develop your skills and build your confidence?
This course is designed to encourage a range of performance skills, including acting, movement, performing in a musical context, and working on your own innovative ideas. You will gain a valuable insight into the performing arts, and be able to work in a professional manner with people who have the same interests.
The course is suitable if you are progressing from GCSE studies, or from a relevant Level 1 course. It will allow you to gain confidence over time, performing with your classmates and preparing to perform before an audience.
Places on the programme are subject to interview and audition.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom and theatrebased learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Google Classroom
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios and logbooks of activities
- Performance and observation
The qualifications and skills you will have gained will help you to progress in education.
They will also give you the fundamental skills to start or progress your career in the creative and performing industries.
Depending on your attainment at Level 2, you may be able to progress onto a number of advanced Level 3 courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai including:
You could also progress into other subject areas.