Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in plumbing?
This programme introduces you to the fundamental techniques of plumbing, preparing you to start working in this trade. You will then progress onto more advanced topics, and in addition, you will gain a basic understanding of electrical work.
The programme is suitable for a variety of people looking to work in plumbing. The programme acts as a pathway to apprenticeships or full work experience. You will gain the practical knowledge you need to proceed into the industry and onto Plumbing Level 2.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- You will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to study by achieving your GCSE target grades and completing year 11 with good attendance.
- Successful completion of a Traineeship, Pre-vocational, Pathways or School Link programme
- Relevant industry experience
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
You will study a variety of subject-specific modules, in addition to Literacy and Numeracy skills.
The programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical sessions with excellent workshop facilities
- Training in a realistic work environment (RWE)
- Theory lessons in well-equipped classrooms
- Ongoing assessment of your practical work
- Paper-based assessments
This programme gives you the skills and knowledge to enter the plumbing trade, gaining either an apprenticeship or full work experience.
The programme gives you a qualification and a valuable set of skills, helping you to progress into employment and further education. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including: