Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in plastering?
This programme covers a range of plastering techniques at an advanced level, adding to your knowledge of the trade. You will gain the expertise to work independently, as well as a recognised Level 2 qualification.
The programme is suitable for students progressing from Plastering Level 1, and will build on the knowledge gained at that level. It is also suitable for people with practical experience at a suitable level, who may not need to undertake the Level 1 programme.
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject.
- Attendance at an interview.
You will study a variety of subject-specific modules, in addition to Literacy and Numeracy skills.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
Most students will progress onto Plastering Level 3. This will allow you to develop your skills further and take another step towards your new career.
In the industry, the programme will give you the skills and qualification to progress into self-employment or employment with a firm or contractor.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Plastering Level 3
- Apprenticeships at Levels 2 / 3