Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in plastering?
This programme introduces you to the fundamental techniques of plastering, preparing you to start working in this trade. It allows you to gain a range of skills, as well as a recognised qualification.
The programme is suitable for a variety of people looking to work in plastering. This includes students progressing from school and professionals from other sectors looking for a change of career. You will gain the practical knowledge you need to proceed onto Level 2 or into the industry.
- A real interest and commitment to the subject and attendance at an interview
You will study a variety of subject-specific modules, in addition to Literacy and Numeracy skills.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portffolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
Most students will progress onto Plastering Level 2. This will allow you to develop your skills further and take another step towards your new career.
If you progress directly into employment, you will have the basic training to work as a trainee.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Plastering Level 2
- Brickwork Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1
Additional campus/course information:
Courses run at the £8.2 million Marine and Built Environment Centre (MBEC) in Rhos-on-Sea.