Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in health and social care? Could you benefit from a practical introductory course? This course gives you a broad introduction to health and social, focusing on the needs of real job roles and situations. It allows you to develop the fundamental skills of the sector, and it brings your knowledge to the required level for a range of careers.
After completing the course, you will be able to work in a number of roles, including community support worker or care assistant. The course also prepares and enables learners to progress to a level 3 qualification and eventual careers including nursing, social work and residential care management.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- And, a clear enhanced DBS check and attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Externally assessed examinations
Completion of this course improves your employability and gives you important knowledge and skills. It will prepare you for a career in healthcare, social care or childcare, usually after further study.
In education, the course gives you a number of options. At Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, you could progress onto a number of courses, including:
- Childcare Level 3
- Health and Social Care Level 3