Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in health and social care? Could you benefit from a practical introductory course?
This course helps you to develop knowledge and skills for numerous careers in the care sector.
The course is a practical and hands-on programme, taught in the context of real job roles and situations and will prepare you for the next step in your career, either at college or in the workplace.
- A real interest and commitment to the subject and attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Case studies
- Outside visits
- Interactive learning
- Self study
- Group work
- Virtual Learning Environment
You will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you throughout your time in college.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Group assignments
- Student profile
- Role play
This course helps you to develop knowledge and skills for progression onto a Level 2 Health and Social Care or Childcare course, or an Apprenticeship.
You may also consider work, depending on the opportunities available. This could be paid or voluntary.
Additional campus/course information:
UNITS INCLUDE (these may vary across sites):
To support you along the way:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
Health and Social Care/Childcare
- Planning a safe childcare environment
- Supporting children's learning through everyday experiences Communication skills for Health and Social Care
- Welsh Language in nurseries for Early Years Practitioners (greetings, needs, numbers, colours, expression of intent, days of the week)
- Care Options
- An introduction to Health
- Play and child development
- Awareness of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care (Adults, Children and Young People), Early Years and Childcare
Additional units to develop you further:
- Contribute to running an event
- Getting people active
- Keeping active and healthy
- Understanding cyberbullying
- Health and Safety