Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in the practical building trades?
This programme gives you an entry point into the built environment industry. It is ideal for anyone who wants to develop general building skills through practical hands-on experience.
The programme allows you to sample a range of occupations. You will gain fundamental trade skills, preparing you for employment and further study. At the end of the programme, you can make an informed decision about which technical area you want to work in.
- A real interest and commitment to the subject and attendance at an interview
The programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Both practical and theory-based classes
- Realistic work environments
- Specialised workshops for the different trades
- Workbook tasks
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Observation of your practical work
- Assignments with practical and job knowledge tasks
- Portfolio of classroom work
The programme acts as an entry point into a variety of construction trades.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Brickwork Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1
- Painting and Decorating Level 1
- Plastering Level 1
- Plumbing Level 1
Additional campus/course information:
Courses run at the Skills Centre at the Rhyl Campus.
Courses run at the £8.2 million Marine and Built Environment Centre (MBEC) in Rhos-on-Sea.