Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in childcare? Are you looking to develop practical skills in childcare and parenting? This course allows you to develop the essential skills of caring for children. It is an ideal preparation for a range of careers, in schools, nurseries, healthcare and other environments.
This qualification is for all those who wish to work in the Children and Young People's Workforce in Wales. It will cover a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in Early Years settings.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- And, a clear enhanced DBS check and attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will improve your employability and give you important knowledge and skills. It will prepare you for a career in childcare, usually after further study. You could also go into employment as an Early Years Practitioner.
In education, the course gives you a number of options. You could apply for a Level 3 programme, or one of our work-based courses in childcare or health and social care.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Childcare Level 3
- Health and Social Care Level 3
Additional campus/course information:
At the Rhos-on-Sea Campus, learners benefit from training in the state-of-the-art Institute of Health and Social Care, a North Wales centre for high quality professional training, development and updating for those working in the Health and Social Care sectors.