Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in becoming a beauty therapist? Would you like to achieve a range of professional skills in this area?
This course is suitable for school leavers or mature students who are enthusiastic in developing the skills needed to become a professional beauty therapist.
During the course, you will enhance your beauty therapy skills, practising treatments such as waxing and eyelash and brow tinting. These skills will prepare you for employment of further study.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E,
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview.
The course will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical Delivery
- Theory Sessions
- Commercial Salon Training
You will study a variety of subject-specific modules, in addition to literacy and numeracy skills. You will also undertake work experience as part of the course.
You may be required to study the Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification.
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessments
The course gives you a qualification and a valuable set of skills, helping you to progress into employment and further education.
You could proceed onto a number of courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Beauty Therapy Level 3
- Beauty Therapy (Fashion, Theatre, Media, Hair and Make-up) Level 3
- Beauty Therapy (Massage) Level 3
- Hairdressing Level 2
- Spa Therapy Level 3