Is this course right for me?
Would you like a career in bricklaying?
This programme allows you to develop a range of advanced bricklaying skills, including decorative work, repairs and complex masonry. You will add to your existing knowledge of the trade and be able to work on specialist tasks. You will gain the expertise to work independently, and you will be equipped to take on supervisory roles.
The programme is suitable for students progressing from Level 2 Brickwork, and will build on the knowledge gained at that level.
It is also suitable for people with practical experience at a suitable level.
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview.
This programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this programme will give you the skills and qualification to progress into self-employment or employment with a firm or contractor.
You will have gained advanced technical knowledge and supervisory skills, and will be able to work in a position of responsibility.
You could proceed onto a number of higher education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Construction
- HNC Building Studies
- HNC Construction
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 3
- Construction Professional Level 3