Our ref: DE/HE
Contact: Personal Tutor
Dear HE Student,
Clarification on assessment of HE provision
We understand the effect of COVID on the completion of your final HE assessment and that you may be affected for a variety of reasons. GLLM has worked with our Higher Education partners to review our approach to assessment in order to ensure our students do not suffer a detriment this year, and in your final award as a result of the current emergency situation.
The way in which this will take place in practice varies between each HEI partner as outlined below, but for all our HE students we would like to assure you that assessment and support from your tutors will continue online for the remainder of the academic year.
- We have amended assessments where required to allow students to complete remotely
- We have amended our regulations to ensure due consideration will be given to students in the examination boards where there is evidence of the impact of covid on assessment outcomes - this will include potential increase of grades to match average performance
- We have reduced the evidential burden for students applying for extensions or poor performance through our extenuating circumstances process
- Rules governing borderline candidates are to be waived and all borderline cases will be raised to the higher degree class by the Exam Board where the rules for award conferment are met
- Our tutors are continuing to deliver and provide support to students in completing their final assessments
We would ask students to still complete Extenuating Circumstances applications for any modules or assessments affected by COVID-19. You can download the EC Form at www.gllm.ac.uk/hepolicies/.
Students following a degree apprenticeship and level 4 Policing are governed by Bangor University regulations and should visit their website for the latest information.
Pearson Higher Nationals
Pearson assessments have been amended to ensure students can complete remotely but as these qualifications are vocational, we are awaiting outcomes of the Ofqual Consultation to confirm specific arrangements.
Students completing BTEC Higher National qualifications are asked to complete extenuating circumstances as normal if they feel they have been affected by COVID-19.
Students following a UCLAN programme are governed by UCLAN regulations and should visit their website for the latest information.
Tutors are currently discussing the process for awarding the placement modules with UCLAN.
If you have any queries in relation to the content of this letter, please contact your Personal Tutor.
Chief Executive Officer
Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Conwy LL28 4HZ
Phone: 01492 546666