If you are 18 or over and are unemployed and receiving benefits from the Department for Work and Pensions, then Work Ready is a great opportunity to get you into work or onto further learning.
Your benefits will not be affected, and if you are eligible, you could receive money to help pay for travel and childcare support.
By assessing your needs, Work Ready can be tailored to suit you. There are two levels available - Learning for Work and Skills Conditionality.
Learning for Work
The course will run for 2 days per week and you will also be encouraged and helped to find a work experience placement.
You’ll be given help with:
- Job Searching including completing a job / training application form and creating a basic Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Interviews, preparation, appropriate conduct, communication and reflection
- Finding out about training opportunities in your area
- Brush up on Health & Safety
- Team working
- Recognising praise and constructive criticism
- Effective communication
- Confidence building
- Work experience (optional)
- Number Skills
- ICT skills
This programme is aimed at people who require support with their maths and reading skills.
Aim of course:
The main aim of the course is to give you an opportunity to improve and develop your:
- Essential skills in literacy and numeracy
- Self confidence
- Take the first steps back to education or training
You will be required to show how you have achieved in your Personal Development Plan.
You will also need to:
- Complete an Initial Assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Negotiate targets with your tutors with regular reviews to help you achieve the aim of the course and record your targets within the Personal Development Plan booklet
- Complete all set tasks so that you have sufficient evidence in your portfolio to achieve the following qualifications:
- 6 Agored Credits at a level that is appropriate to your need, or
- A full ESW in Communication or Numeracy, again at a level that is appropriate to you.
To find out more visit your local Jobcentre Plus office or contact your Job Centre Plus Advisor.