A new ‘Apprenticeship Employer Incentive’ means that you can now receive financial support worth up to £3,500 for each apprentice you take on between 16-19 years old*
The support is available for apprenticeship starts from 1 August 2017 and is paid once the apprentice has been in learning for 8 months.
Then call our one of Advisers today on 08445 460 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how apprenticeships can help support your business to grow.
Employers will be eligible for the ‘Apprenticeship Employer Incentive’ if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Can confirm that they are not able to recruit an apprentice without the grant;
- have fewer than 250 employees;
- the employee needs to based in Wales for at least 51% of their time;
- have not had an employee start an apprenticeship in the 30 month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom you apply for the grant;
- can commit to employing an apprentice(s) for 12 months or the time taken to complete the apprenticeship programme (whichever is the greater);
- commit to employing the learner for at least 30 hours per week; and
- agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more.
- £3,500 for starts from July to September & January to March and £2,500 for starts from October to December & April to June.
Apprentices must be new employees and aged between 16-19 years old on the day they are recruited.